Detecting and protecting yourself from scam calls and text is crucial in safeguarding your personal information and finances.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Trust your instincts and be cautious of unsolicited calls and text, even if they appear to be from credible sources.
- Never provide personal or account information, make immediate payments, or grant remote access to your device.
- Look out for common tactics such as fake prizes, well-known logos, repeated calls or text, recorded messages, or links in textmessages.
- Don't respond to missed calls or textfrom unknown international numbers, and consider blocking any suspicious numbers on your phone.
- If you're unsure about a call, let it go to voicemail and verify the number by searching for the official contact details online before returning the call.
- Be careful about sharing personal information on social media and avoid clicking on unknown links in text messages.
- Contact your financial institution immediately if you suspect you've fallen victim to a scam.
To report a scam call or text, you can contact VoIPline Telecom directly or report it to the Federal Trade Commission.
For more information on how to protect yourself from scam calls and text, the following agencies provide helpful resources:
- Federal Trade Commission (https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/)
- USA Government (https://www.usa.gov/where-report-scams/what-type-scam-do-you-need-report)
- FTC Consumer Advice (How to Recognize and Report Spam Text Messages | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov) )